Jaipur is the capital city of the state of Rajasthan in India. It is located in the northern part of the country and is known for its rich history, vibrant culture, and stunning architecture. Here are some key facts about Jaipur:
1. History: Jaipur was founded in 1727 by Maharaja Jai Singh II, the ruler of Amer. The city was planned according to the principles of Vastu Shastra (Indian architectural science) and is known as the first planned city in India.
2. Pink City: Jaipur is often referred to as the “Pink City” because of its distinctly colored buildings. In 1876, to welcome the Prince of Wales, the city was painted pink, which is considered a symbol of hospitality in Rajput culture. The pink hue has been maintained since then.
3. Architecture: Jaipur is famous for its magnificent palaces, forts, and havelis (traditional mansions). Some of the notable architectural attractions in Jaipur include the City Palace, Hawa Mahal (Palace of Winds), Jal Mahal (Water Palace), Amer Fort, and Jaigarh Fort.
4. Markets: The city is renowned for its bustling markets where you can find a variety of goods, including textiles, handicrafts, jewelry, and traditional Rajasthani garments. Johari Bazaar and Bapu Bazaar are popular shopping destinations in Jaipur.
5. Festivals: Jaipur hosts several colorful festivals throughout the year. The most famous one is the Jaipur Literature Festival, which attracts renowned authors, thinkers, and literature enthusiasts from around the world. Other notable festivals include Diwali (Festival of Lights), Teej, and Gangaur.
6. Cuisine: Rajasthani cuisine is known for its rich flavors and unique dishes. In Jaipur, you can savor delicacies such as Dal Baati Churma (a traditional Rajasthani dish), Gatte ki Sabzi, Laal Maas (spicy red meat curry), and various sweets like Ghewar and Ghevar.
7. Tourism: Jaipur is a popular tourist destination, attracting visitors from across the globe. Its cultural heritage, magnificent architecture, and vibrant festivals make it a must-visit place in India. The city also serves as a gateway to explore other tourist attractions in Rajasthan, such as Jaisalmer, Udaipur, and Pushkar.
These are just a few highlights about Jaipur. The city has much more to offer in terms of history, culture, and experiences. It is a city that beautifully showcases the rich heritage of Rajasthan and leaves a lasting impression on its visitors.
One such safari is Jungle safari. It can also be defined as a forest trail, except that instead of walking, hiking or trekking, you have also got the options of exploring the forest regions via a jeep or a elephant or even on a horse. Jungle safari not just involves exploring the jungles of a particular region.
These are other trips.