Flyboarding is an exciting water sport that combines elements of jet skiing and water propulsion to allow individuals to soar above the water’s surface. The sport was invented in 2011 by a French watercraft rider named Franky Zapata.
The flyboard itself is a water-jet-powered board connected to a personal watercraft (PWC) through a long hose. The PWC pumps water at high pressure through the hose and into the flyboard, creating a force that propels the rider upwards. The board has bindings to secure the rider’s feet, and hand-controlled nozzles that help with steering and stabilization.
To operate a flyboard, the rider stands on the board while being tethered to the PWC. By controlling the direction and intensity of the water jets, the rider can lift off the water, hover, perform tricks, and even dive back into the water.
Flyboarding has gained popularity as a thrilling and visually impressive water sport. It requires some balance and coordination, but most people can get the hang of it with some practice. As with any adventurous activity, safety is essential, and participants are advised to use proper safety equipment and receive instruction from experienced instructors.
The sport continues to evolve, and various modifications and accessories have been introduced to enhance the experience, such as jet boots and jetpacks. Flyboarding competitions and shows are also held around the world, showcasing the skills of talented riders who can perform impressive aerial maneuvers.
Activity Location: Chapora River, Goa & Calangute Beach, Goa
Activity Timings: Between 09:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Activity Duration: 35 Min (Including Training Sessions + Flight)
Flight Duration: 15 Min (approx.)
About the Flyboarding in Goa:
- Arrive at the activity location 15 minutes before the starting time for a hassle-free experience.
- After getting briefed by the instructors, get ready to experience this adrenaline-rushing Goa Flyboarding experience where you will be equipped with jet propulsion, a safety helmet, and a life jacket to ensure your safety.
- The board is connected by a long hose which sends the rider upwards up to approximately 30 ft.
- Feel the excitement as you continue flying above the sea for a good 10 to 15 minutes. The hydropower is regulated by a trained instructor to maintain a safe experience.
- The jet propeller will also allow you to dive in and explore the depths of the pristine waters.
Things To Carry for Flyboarding In Goa
- Swimwear ( Mandatory Item )
- Extra pair of socks
- Water bottle
- Day pack (20-30l)