Spread across an area of 23 sq km, the Jhalana Safari park is the first leopard reserve in India located in the Jaipur City of Rajasthan state. The Jhalana Safari park is situated amidst the Aravalli hills and is home to 30-35 leopards, spotted deer, blue bulls, wild boars, and migratory birds. Jhalana Wildlife Sanctuary, Jaipur is ideal for wildlife enthusiasts. Once used to be the hunting grounds of the royals, this place is now a great spot to enjoy a safari in the middle of Jaipur city.
- You can choose from 2-time slots: Morning & Evening.
- There are two zones, one is the base zone and another one is Shikar Audhi- the three-storeyed hunting lodge of the Royal families of Jaipur (it has higher chances of spotting leopards).
- A Jeep can accommodate a maximum of 6 people at a time.
- Reach the activity location and take an open-air gypsy ride with a driver in the Jhalana wildlife sanctuary.
- You may spot leopards, alongside other animals like blue bulls, spotted deer, gray langur, rhesus macaque, small Indian mongoose, ruddy Mongoose, Bengal monitor, desert gerbils, striped hyena, desert Fox, jackals hedgehog, and Sambar deer.
Activity Location: Jhalana Wildlife Sanctuary, Jaipur
Start Point/ End Point: Jhalana Wildlife Sanctuary
- Morning: 06:15 AM – 8:45 AM
- Evening: 3:45 PM- 6:15 PM
Activity Duration: 2.5 hours
How to Reach?
The Jhalana Safari Park is situated in Malviya Nagar Industrial Area, Jaipur which is easily accessible via public or private transportation.
- Nearest Airport: Jaipur International Airport is the nearest airport located at a distance of 8.1 km from the Jhalana Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Nearest Bus Stop: Narayan Singh Circle is the nearest bus stop to the Jhalana Wildlife Sanctuary located at a distance of 10 km.
- Nearest Railway Station: Jaipur Junction is the nearest railway station located at a distance of 13 km from the Jhalana Wildlife Sanctuary.
- The Jhalana Safari can be availed by anyone above 5 years of age.
- Maximum 6 people can come in a jeep.
- Children below 6 years can join free of cost.